Thursday, October 18, 2012

SketchUp Animation - "Spiral Staircase"

One great feature of SketchUp is how fly-through or fly-over or fly-by animation could be produced on the fly. And coupled with "section plane" function one has no problem producing cool construction sequence at all.

It's been a while since I last made any animation with SketchUp. I used the spiral staircase model I made, which I also shared on that page, throw in a few sections and scenes and here's the result:


This is not a real construction or assembly sequence by all means, I made this to brush up my rusty "section-planing" skill.

Like usual, the scenes are exported as 4000x2250pix PNGs and assembled in VirtualDub and encoded using x264 codec. VirtualDub can be found here, and x264vfw here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...